WDI were appointed to carry out the refit under the SCAPE Framework for London Metropolitan University at their Calcutta House campus in Aldgate.
The works included the demolition and services validiation works to faciliate the refit of five floors. This will serve as decant teaching space for three years allowing the sell off and refurbishment of other stock. Works included upgrading of the M&E services. The building included a library and prayer room which was occupied and used during the works.
The refurbushment also created space for metal workshop, wood workshop and a basement accommodating a film and animation studio, a rapid prototyping and digital print workshop, a finishing workshop, and the on-site hire shop.
- Strict security procedures
- BIM Level 3
- Live environment
KEY SCAPE ACHIEVEMENTS
- Over 100 students on workshops
- 100% of project spend within 10 mile radius
- 100% SME suppliers
- 77% labour within 40 mile radius
- CCS Score 41
- Architect: ARCHITECTURE PLB
- Project Manager: LONDON MET
- Cost Consultant: LAMBERT HART
- Service Engineer: CRAWT SIMPKINS