We would also like to show our support to our teams and key workers who are working tirelessly across the country.
For more about how Willmott Dixon group are responding to the everyday changes of Covid-19 please click here.
London South Bank University
Willmott Dixon Interiors completed the £47.35 million refurbishment of London South Bank University’s (LSBU) London Road Building. The work involved remodelling the London South Bank University in their largest building at the Elephant and Castle campus. The work included increasing space on each level of the building, removing some of the perimeter walls
and new construction to increase space outside of the original building’s footprint. Roof void areas were in-filled and the building was re-clad. In total, approximately 15,000 sq ft of additional usable floor space was added to the building.
The work included alterations to the facade including a full recladding of the building, remodelling of the reception area including provision of new security barriers. Infills to existing roof voids created new space for use as library areas, and replacements of MEP services with new plant and equipment are housed on roof areas. The project also involved provision of high quality academic and teaching space, refurbishment of the Sports Hall area and landscaping and external works. The next generation of students will benefit hugely from superb new facilities.
This project provides the first stage of the University’s St George’s Quarter redevelopment.
- The new learning hub features modern workspaces, amenities and technology
- LSBU staff and students will benefit from 191,000 sq ft of dedicated learning spaces
- A new state-of-the-art library has ben installed
- Improved Academy of Sport facilities, with a fully equipped gymnasium.
- New open access computer rooms, private rooms for group work and additional lecture capacity have been added.
- Overhauled the arrival experience at the London Road Building, with a new entrance lobby, staircases and lift.