Willmott Dixon Interiors were appointed for the Refit
and remodelling of grade 2 listed Chichester I building,
home of Engineering & Informatics, procured under
the SCAPE Framework.
The project involved full refurbishment of the external envelop and internal floors.
External works included; concrete repairs and cleansing, replacement of every crittall window and new flat roofing system overlaid on the full extent of the roof.
Internally, the works consisted of full refurbishment of the ground floor, which involved creating new office space, teaching space, computer and science labs & circulation cores. A huge part of
this was mechanical, electrical & audio visual upgrading along with associated external works and drainage.
- Utilised BIM Level 1
- Delivered through live environment
- Enhanced insulation performance which will reduce client spend on heating
- Reduced waste by donating material to Sussex Racing Team and timber to Community Wood Recycling
KEY SCAPE ACHIEVEMENTS
- Over 140 students attended workshops
- 42 weeks of work experience
- 100% SME suppliers
- CCS Score 44
- Architect: RH PARTNERSHIP
- Project Manager: CAPITA GROUP
- Cost Manager: CURRIE & BROWN
- Service Engineer: SLENDER WHITE