The Emergency Department offers a full 24-hour
service, seeing around 90,000 patients a year. 30,000
of these are children who are seen in the separate
The works include the full strip out and refurbishment of existing internal space, comprising A&E, Fracture Clinic, Ante-natal Clinic, Children’s Outpatients, Paediatrics, Urgent Care Centre
(UCC), Resuscitation, Majors, Imaging, Fracture Clinic, Emergency
Observation Ward (EOW) and general circulation and other ancillary accommodation.
- The result is causing no interface to a “live environment.”
- Working around a live main oxygen pipe which cannot be moved or re-routed.
- Installation of two fully lead lined scanning & x-ray
- Architect: DEVEREUX ARCHITECTS
- Project Manager: TURNER & TOWNSEND
- Cost Consultant: TURNER & TOWNSEND
- Service Engineer: MALEON