We are proud to have been shortlisted in 8 awards across the Construction News Awards, London Construction Awards, British Construction Industry Awards, Inspiring Women in Construction & Engineering Awards, and the National Social Value Awards.
Our social value work in Waltham Forest for our project to transform the former EMD Cinema into Soho Theatre Walthamstow has been Highly Commended in the National Social Value awards for Best Private Sector Project.
Some examples of the social value work we have carried out for Waltham Forest are:
- Supported multiple work experience students
- Delivered £5.33m in Social Return on Investment to Waltham Forest directly
- Supported local employment
- Delivered 3 community-based projects solely focused on improving local spaces and encouraging people outdoors
- Connected over 1000 local people to careers education events
We are currently delivering the refurbishment of Walthamstow’s Grade II* listed former EMD Cinema into a multi-purpose entertainment venue and cultural hub, Soho Theatre Walthamstow. This project was procured through Procurement Hub.
Above: CGI of the refurbishment we are currently delivering to transform the EMD Cinema into Soho Theatre Walthamstow
Our Thomas Hardy House project has been shortlisted for two awards:
- Project of the Year (under £20m) – Construction News Awards
- Cultural and Leisure Project of the Year – British Construction Industry Awards
In Enfield, we refurbished Thomas Hardy House and Dugdale Arts Centre to create a new office and community accommodation. Works included a strip out and CAT B refurbishment of the first and second floors of the existing building. Additionally a museum and community space has been created on the ground floor within the Dugdale centre. We delivered this for London Borough of Enfield, procured through Scape.
Above: Cat B refurbishment of Thomas Hardy House
Our Management Trainees worked on a community-based project last year ‘The Power of Green’, led by Design Management Trainee, Abi Inskip. This has been shortlisted for three awards:
- Community Engagement project of the Year – Construction News Awards
- Excellence in Community Engagement – London Construction Awards
- Community Investment Initiative of the Year – British Construction Industry Awards
The Power of Green, our Trainee Challenge for 2022, included four community projects across Walthamstow and Birmingham. Each project improved the environment and facilities that the buildings were in, providing more green space for the users and local community.
Above: Our trainees taking part in the Trainee Challenge
- Excellence in Sustainability Project – London Construction Awards
We transformed the space to suit the ever-evolving purpose of the office, and to benefit our people. This space consists of one floor of open plan office space with meeting rooms, an amphitheatre, biophilic design, collaboration areas, and desks.
Above: Refurbishment of our London Office, The Bailey
Social value and community investment is a top priority for our business and projects. Due to the huge impact they make on communities, our Social Value team has been shortlisted for the below:
- Excellence in Outreach – Inspiring Women in Construction & Engineering Awards
Our social value team work incredibly hard on each of our project to improve the lives of those in the community and invest time into increasing employability skills.
Above: Our Social Value team
We look forward to attending each of these events throughout the year, well done to each of our people across our shortlisted projects for this recognition.