We would also like to show our support to our teams and key workers who are working tirelessly across the country.
For more about how Willmott Dixon group are responding to the everyday changes of Covid-19 please click here.
London Borough of Enfield Thomas Hardy House
The outdated council-owned building had previously been closed to the public for two years, following the pandemic. Willmott Dixon Interiors delivered the strip out and CAT B refurbishment of the first and second floors of the existing building. Additionally, a museum and community space has been provided on the ground floor within the Dugdale Arts Centre. The refurbishment of Thomas Hardy House was procured through SCAPE, one of the UK’s leading public sector procurement authorities.
The work included the formation of a new ground floor entrance, as well as the refurbishment of staircases, the removal of structural elements and modifications to the façade. Furthermore, new plant has been installed on roof level, feeding and servicing the new facilities, subsequently improving the energy efficiency of the building. New restaurant quality kitchen facilities have been added to the building. The facility also benefits from bespoke tiered seating, and the formation of new joinery elements, to create the ground floor museum area.
- The project has provided new office and community accommodation.
- Modern multi-purpose office space.
- Delivering a venue that is fully adaptable and accessible for all. The Dugdale Arts Centre was opened in December 2022.
- Our work has resulted in a social return on investment of more than £5.1 million.
- We promoted the use of Enfield-based contractors/suppliers wherever possible, resulting in a sepnd of more than £3.2 million within 20 miles of the site.