Willmott Dixon Interiors were presented with the Sustainable Construction Award at this year’s London Construction Awards which took place on Wednesday 25th October at the exclusive venue, The Royal Garden Hotel, London.
The awards ceremony recognise achievements, developments and innovation within London’s booming construction industry and feature a wide range of categories for solution providers, contractors, architects, developers and local authorities.
Willmott Dixon Interiors celebrated the win for Sustainable Construction which identified outstanding achievement and success during the refurbishment of a commercial office building procured through Scape Group’s National Framework.
This included the CAT A refurbishment of an existing 1880s office block to enable the office space to be re-used effectively and extend the useful life of the building and historic fabric by 20-50 years.
Sustainable achievements on this project involved:
- Designing to BREEAM ‘Very Good’ rating
- Improving the EPC from a D rating to the equivalent of a B new build rating
- Bringing the services of the property up to modern, Grade A office standards
- Upgrading of heating, ventilation, cooling and LED lighting services to category A fit-out standard
- Extensive structural works retaining 85% of mass of the façade
- Prioritising the utilisation of existing embodied energy in the building
- Overheating analysis in line with CIBSE Environmental Design Standards
The judges also praised the team’s commitment to the social value agenda, which included the provision of work experience and apprentice opportunities for young people. They noted the projects best-in-class approach to environmental management – noise, dust and nuisance control, waste management and carbon reduction efforts.
Earlier in the year the same project team scooped a Considerate Constructors Scheme Gold award in recognition of the team’s exceptional standards, best practice approaches, and commitment to improving the image of the construction industry.
Willmott Dixon Interiors are committed to sustainable development on every project and this award is a testament to our dedication to achieve these standards.