We would also like to show our support to our teams and key workers who are working tirelessly across the country.
For more about how Willmott Dixon group are responding to the everyday changes of Covid-19 please click here.
Mission Street Inventa, Oxford
Willmott Dixon Interiors has been appointed to deliver the new biomedical research & development facility in central Oxford.
The refurbishment involves the redevelopment of two former retail warehouse units into world-class laboratory and creative office space.
The existing structure will be extended, adding a new internal floor and a colonnade to the north elevation. The additional floorspace will enable the creation of a new reception area and a combination of sustainable new spaces for market-leading life science companies. They include enhanced common areas and meeting rooms, new collaboration and circulation spaces, breakout areas and café provision, as well as new bike parking and shower facilities.
The building fabric will be substantially upgraded, including a new façade, while new mechanical and electrical services will also be installed.
Externally, a cycle and pedestrian route and a newly landscaped car park will create a revitalised visitor experience, with landscaping at the rear of the building doubling as an area for flood mitigation.
On completion, the refurbishment will provide the following outcomes:
- Transformation of retail properties into biomedical research hub
- Refurbishment will provide a world-class space for biomedical research, advancing the UK in the sector
- Improvement to the facilities available in Oxford, leading to talented individuals in the biomedical industry opting to stay in the area
- In line with our Now or Never Strategy, our team worked together with members of our supply chain and the International Tree Foundation to plant trees at the Blue Cross. Overall, the team planted almost 1000 trees, which have formed a hedgerow for the horses that live at the shelter.
- We have collected items and donated food to the Oxford Community Emergency Foodbank throughout the Christmas period. This was an initiative in collaboration with our Willmott Dixon construction office in the South. We came together with our Supply Chain Partners to collect food and helped by delivering the items to those in need.
- We attended a Career’s Fair at King Alfred’s school in Wantage. Speaking to over 1000 students in years 9-13 students, we promoted the benefits of having a career in construction, our industry-leading management trainee programme for people looking to enter construction and the variety of roles available. Attendants were inspired by the topic of construction, with great student engagement and a keen interest in design & architecture.