Investing in local communities is hugely important to us.
Our people are passionate about raising money for charities and helping to improve other people’s lives so much so that we have a dedicated charity task team responsible for coordinating our collective efforts.
This year, the team has organised multiple fundraising events that have been enthusiastically supported. Here’s a snapshot:
Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
The year got off to a strong start with a charity bake-off and a social. The event raised almost £500 for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, a charity that delivers a 24/7 free, life-saving service through its helicopters and rapid response vehicles.
More than 100 of our people walked, ran or cycled to cover a 140-mile journey between our London and Birmingham offices – meeting midway for a charity social event. With the added support of our supply chain partners, we raised over £10,000 for mental health charity, Mind.
In the UK, 1 in 4 people suffer from mental health issues, but are unable to receive the help they need. Mental ill health is a particularly pressing issue in the construction sector, and we’re proud to do what we can to support Mind.
Our Midlands office supported dog rehoming charity, Dun-Roamin, throughout 2023.
The series of events included:
- A karaoke night at Pad Thai in Birmingham
- An eight-mile sponsored walk in Derbyshire
- A summer Wolf Run in Leicestershire
In total we raised just shy of £1,000 which will enable more dogs to enjoy a better quality of life, surrounded by caring people.
In October, we set off on a 10km walk around London to raise money for CoppaFeel, a charity raising awareness of spotting the early signs of breast cancer. More than £600 was raised, which we hope will support more women in gaining an early diagnosis that could save their life.
Teenage Cancer Trust
Our participation in the autumn Wolf Run raised over £1,700 for Teenage Cancer Trust. While the charity’s care and support for young people is well documented, its funding for nurses, youth workers and NHS hospital units also supports people throughout their treatment.
Christmas is a time for giving. This year, we have partnered with three charities to donate coats and gifts to those that need them most:
- Our people donated £240 worth of coats in a range of sizes for Wrap Up London, which will support homeless and vulnerable people this winter.
- We created a wonderful Christmas tree which provided gifts for our people and visitors. The premise was simple: take a gift idea from the bauble and replace it with a present for children spending Christmas in the hospital. It resulted in the donation of over £2000 worth of gifts and toys for Great Ormand Street Hospital.
- And for dog lovers, we created a ‘North Pole’ designated for donations of treats, toys, towels, and bedding for the Dogs Trust.
We are proud to have been able to support so many charities and good causes this year but we couldn’t have done so alone.
A huge ‘thank you’ to our supply chain partners for their support: AMD, Eurowindows, MCS, KPH, IBuild Interiors, Hayton & Lamb, CF Roberts, 360 Interiors, Aimbec, CMB Engineers, Shaca, O’Neill and Brennan, DES Electrical, Stanford Scaffold, Moody Moos, Bancrofts, Madigan Gill, John Watson Doors, MK Electric, SBS Carpentry, Ahmarra Door Installations, Barrie Beard, Rigfix, WG&R, Midland Structures, and Saint Gobain Interior Solutions.