We would also like to show our support to our teams and key workers who are working tirelessly across the country.
For more about how Willmott Dixon group are responding to the everyday changes of Covid-19 please click here.
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust Urgent Treatment Centre
We have been working with University Hospital Sussex NHS Trust to upgrade buildings across their Trust, to improve staff and patient experience.
The Royal Sussex County Hospital required an update to their Urgent Treatment Centre to provide additional clinical treatment space within the emergency department to support critical patients, and improve the environment for patients and staff.
Procured via Scape, we used modern methods of construction to create a two-storey modular build outside the main A&E department. Groundworks, piling and foundation works were completed in preparation for the delivery of the building’s modular shell. An internal fit out of the building ready for clinical use was also carried out.
Completed within a live hospital environment, the refurbishment provided five ground floor treatment rooms, a new reception waiting room, accessible toilets and a utility room. There are offices and a training suite on the first floor, a comms room, and multifunctional office space.
- Creation of a urgent treatment centre through modular build outside main A&E
- Increased capacity within the main A&E for patients
- Improved patient flow through all parts of the department
- Minimise the pressure the NHS is currently under
- Increased capacity to support critical patients in A&E
- In line with our Now or Never strategy
- 98% waste diverted from landfill
- 92% of project spend via SME’s
- Improved employability of 120 young people
- 17 weeks of supporting Apprenticeships on site
- Hosted a virtual Work Experience week to students
This project had a large focus on digital construction and modern methods of construction. We created a two-storey modular build to meet the customer’s brief and improve patient care.