Sites that are registered with the considerate constructor’s scheme (CCS) are playing a huge role in raising the standards of the construction industry especially during the current global pandemic. Keeping up with site standards has been a challenge, however this has not stopped our sites from performing their best.
Recent CCS assessments have taken place virtually across a number of our sites and they have maintain their scoring to help improve industry standards and rise to the challenge of keeping our sites open during covid-19 under the Construction Leadership Council’s Site Operating Procedure.
We are extremely proud of our site teams on the way they have adapted to the changes and have showcased their commitment to keeping sites open with health and safety in mind, it is great to see this being recognised by an external body like CCS.
Here are some of the ways our sites have been going above and beyond:
- Additional cleaning operations to keep sites safe working place during Covid-19
- Well documented Covid plan with clear restrictions and signage in line with government requirements
- One-way routes and specific marked access points
- Continued community engagement via emails, dedicated area for site newsletter & video updates
- As community activity has suspended our site teams continue to fundraise
- Exceptional site safety guidelines and training on adaptions made due to Covid-19
- Digital site walk-through via MS Team
- Site awards for people going the extra mile during Covid and motivational initiatives
- QR codes displayed for local community engagement
- Use of digital mobile scan apps to enter site to avoid finger recognition during covid
- Installation of kicking plates for door opening rather than the potential risks associated with the existing handles
- Virtual Open Doors event held for local community
Well done to the following sites who recently achieved fantastic scores:
- London South Bank University – £38.7m, 191,000 sq ft. refurbishment of the university’s London Road building
- Gresham Street – £37m, 185,000 sq ft. full Cat A refurbishment to create modern office space
- Goswell Road – £12.6m, 50,000 sq ft. Cat A & Cat B fit-out and refurbishment of office space
- Middle Temple – £11.4m, 42,242 sq ft. refurbishment and external works of grade II listed building
- Quarry House – £8.1m, 64,583 sq ft. design & refurbishment of office areas, procured via the Scape framework
Find out more here