Creating the sample room offered WDI opportunity to demonstrate our ability to work within a live environment keeping disruption, noise and mess to a minimum. We gave major consideration to the logistics of material delivery and removal, storage and staff facilities – all of which ensured the room was offline for four weeks less than the clients original timeframe.
The refurbishment required demolition of the bathroom and that of an adjoining bathroom, both of which were re-constructed to provide a larger room. This meant relocating the bedroom doors, replacing all ceilings to incorporate a feature elliptical ceiling coffer, fully re-plastering and rewiring, and a fit out to 5 star finish. The bathroom features a stone floor, bevel edge wall tiling with feature mosaic detailing, stone vanity top, sanitary and brassware providing a bath and walk-in wet room.
- Working in a live hotel environment
- Five star finish using premium materials – within budget
- Shortened programme to maximise rooms availability
- Architect: WOODS BAGOT
- Project Manager: GVA SECOND LDN WALL
- Cost Consultant: GARDINER AND THEOBALD
- Service Engineer: RED ENGINEERING