Having expanded our knowledge of Grade II projects and evaluated the client’s needs, WDI conducted all works including demolition and strip out of existing fixtures and fittings and installation of new M&E services throughout. In addition, WDI installed new partitions – forming new academic and teaching areas – as well as decorating throughout and providing all flooring finishes. Finally, WDI provided refurbishment to the heritage areas, creating a new glazed entrance pavilion and Harvard Style lecture theatres.
- BREEAM Very Good and an EPC rating of C
- Overall waste >97% diverted from landfill
- WDI piloted the re-cycling of 3300 m2 of waste mineral wool ceiling tiles from the strip-out phase. These were collected and recycled, resulting in Net Embodied Carbon savings of 5,142 kgCO2e
- Architect: JESTICO AND WHILES
- Project Manager: DAVID LANGDON
- Cost Consultant: AECOM/DAVIS LANGDON
- Service Engineer: HOARE LEA