Cambridge City Hotel is set in the heart of Cambridge. WDI were entrusted into carrying out a full refurbishment of the hotel’s guestrooms and common corridors. The works were being carried out under a “Design & Build” contract over 37 weeks.
The phased works, whilst in occupation included the strip-out and refurbishment of each guest room, the upgrade of all M&E, new case goods, wall linings, FF&E and a complete refresh of the bathrooms.
In addition to the rooms, WDI have redecorated the lobby and hallway spaces throughout giving the hotel a fully refurbished feel and enhanced customer experience.
Throughout the project we liaised regularly with the General Manager, hotel operations and PM team at Jones Lang LaSalle to ensure that the satisfaction of hotel guests was maintained. Logistically a challenging project, WDI have succeeded in delivery of quality, budget and programme. The Cambridge City Hotel now have an offering that stands out amongst its competition.
- Delivery of high quality finishes to 4*+ standard
- Phased project in occupation
- Restricted working
- Close liaison with hotel management
- Delivered within time and budget restraints
- Architect: Bevis Design Architects
- Project Manager: Jones Lang Lasalle
- Cost Consultant: Jones Lang Lasalle
- Service Engineer: Building Services Design