A Willmott Dixon series of events for Industry
Dates: 21st May & 17th June
Times: 10:00 – 12:00
- Event 2: Building with Blockchain – How do you build a blockchain? 21st May from 10:00 – 12:00
- Event 3: Building with Blockchain – What comes next? 17th June from 10:00 – 12:00
- Event 1: Building with Blockchain – What’s in it for me? 21st April – View recording
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could redefine ‘time, cost and quality’ in a way that makes the management of construction projects a completely trusted and fair process for all involved?
Well, believe it or not that idea is very much a work-in-progress, and Willmott Dixon is keen to share some pioneering insights with you over a three-part series of webinars. Willmott Dixon has an idea, which could improve the way we manage quality, demonstrate compliance, and pay our supply chain. Please join us to learn more, feel inspired, and help make change happen for the benefit of everyone.
WHAT’S THE IDEA?
Blockchain is a solution that falls into the category of technologies that could, potentially, provide the much-needed catalyst for change in our industry.
The potential for change using blockchain is not that far off, yet surprisingly very few stakeholders in our industry appreciate the potential of what lies around the corner.
Over the three-part series of webinars you will learn about Willmott Dixon’s digital transformation journey so far and what an industry built on blockchain technology could mean in practical terms for your business. We also have some leading experts lined up to give their views on the need for change.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Leaders in industry, Supply Chain Partners, Construction professionals, Consultants and Designers, Investors, Digital enthusiasts, Change Makers.
- People that have never heard of blockchain
- People that have heard of blockchain but know nothing about it
- People that understand blockchain but have done nothing about it
Over the series of webinars, we are confident you will develop the skills, knowledge and enthusiasm to take the conversation back to your Board Room!
EVENT OVERVIEW & SPEAKERS
- What the technology is and how it is being applied to a real-world construction process at Willmott Dixon
- How Governments view the technology and how it can help your business
- How it fits into the broader ‘digital construction’ landscape
- What you need to build a Blockchain – our ‘7 Pillar’ concept
- What legal pitfalls there might be and how they can be overcome
- What other Tier 1 contractors are doing with the technology
- How you can benefit from understanding ‘how it works’
- The legal and governance landscape – essential for getting it right!
Our Speakers: Speaker Bio
REGISTER FOR UPCOMING EVENTS
Event 2: Building with Blockchain – How do you build a blockchain? 21st May from 10:00 – 12:00
This webinar explores the steps you need to take to build and validate a blockchain solution. We will take a deeper, more technical look at blockchain technology and how this is being applied to the real-world concept we introduced at Event 1. We will introduce you to our ‘7 Pillar’ concept for developing a blockchain solution and you will hear the views and thoughts of our collaboration supply chain partners. We will also share more case study examples from across the industry.
Event 3: Building with Blockchain – What comes next? 17th June from 10:00 – 12:00
Taking the learning from the previous two webinars, we will complete the vision for the Blockchain system. The session will include one of the key aspects of a private Blockchain; the legal and governance considerations. We will also introduce you to Willmott Dixons latest service offering, Sunesis, and explain how digital technology and innovation (including blockchain) is being used to create real customer value.
ACCESS PAST EVENTS
Event 1: Building with Blockchain – What’s in it for me? 21st April from
This webinar is focussed on providing a perspective on the change that Blockchain could bring. We also outline the beginning of our journey with Blockchain, how the project came around and where the technology sits with BIM and other digital frameworks.